Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week TWO

Monday (1/18)
Today - school, we wandered Notting Hill, lunch at McDonalds (which is much better here! Creative deli sandwiches, tikka chicken snack wraps, and Cadbury chocolate and toffee crisp candy mcflurries! yum). Spent most of the afternoon doing homework. They assign so much reading here! Too much, and I already dropped out of the hardest class! :) I’d rather be out exploring London town. Later a bunch of us saw the movie Nine at the Coronet Theatre (student discount Mondays!). Pretty good.
PS here is my favorite tube stop! And one of the ones I use to get home :) life is good.

Tuesday (1/19)
Today - school then field trip to the British Museum. There were tube jams so I finally got to ride the red double-decker bus! The museum seemed like a giant knickknack shack (random collections) - a fantastic one though. I got to see parts of the Parthenon (the frieze – Elgin marbles), which apparently the Greeks want back but Britain won’t give it to them. The Museum was huge and we had to come back for dinner so we’ll definitely go back to explore later.
Here’s Ali, Cameron and I making attractive faces in front of the museum.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment